Sweet & Tangy Sautéed Cabbage
Your new go-to simple and quick side dish to go with nearly everything!
Servings: 6 1 cup
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1 head green cabbage sliced or chopped
- 1 tbsp sugar (can use sugar substitute if desired, but using real sugar only adds 2mg sugar per serving!)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (or more!)
- In a large (ideally, with sides!) skillet, melt butter over medium high heat. Add onion and cook 3-5 minutes, until slightly softened.
- Add cabbage, sugar, pepper, salt and water. Cover and reduce heat to medium. Cook 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cabbage is cooked to desired texture. Note: I love a little crunch left in the cabbage, so may only cook it 10 minutes, depending on my mood!
- Remove cover and sprinkle with apple cider vinegar. Continue to cook 1-2 minutes, uncovered, until vinegar and any extra water is evaporated. Enjoy!
Nutrition Info (per 1 cup): 66 calories, 2g fat, 1g saturated fat, 5mg cholesterol, 12mg carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 2g added sugar, 2g protein, 111mg sodium, 74mg calcium, 315mg potassium, 54mg phosphorus, 2mg oxalate