Brown Rice Pilaf
Flavorful, low sodium pilaf made with garlic, onion, green pepper and herbs
Servings: 9 1/2 cup
- 1 medium onion
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 1/4 cup brown rice uncooked
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In a large skillet, saute onion and green pepper in oil until tender.
- Add rice and garlic. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until rice is lightly browned.
- Add water, broth, thyme and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce head, cover and simmer 35-40 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Fluff with a fork.
Nutrition Facts (per 1/2 cup): 133 calories, 3g fat, 0.5g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 12mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 0g added sugar, 3g protein, 10mg calcium, 139mg potassium, 104mg phosphorus, 12mg oxalate