Creamy, savory DELICIOUS avocado toast. This is my personal favorite go-to breakfast.
Avocado toast is a great way to get veggies in with breakfast!
Mix up the toppings. Use your favorite vegetables and flavor boosters to make avocado toast your own!
Savory avocado toast topped with egg, tomatoes, arugula and balsamic drizzle. Veggies for breakfast! What's not to love?
Servings: 1 slice
- 1 slice whole grain bread
- 1 egg
- 1/4 avocado ripe
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1/4 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup arugula
- 1 tbsp balsamic drizzle
- Toast bread. I like bread extra toasty for this recipe for a texture contrast to the creamy avocado and egg!
- Cook egg to your preference. I like over-easy eggs with this recipe. But, over hard, sunny-side up or scrambled also work. You could even use a chopped hard boiled egg!
- Mash avocado over toast. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top avocado with egg, tomatoes and arugula. Sprinkle with balsamic drizzle.
Nutrition Information (per 1 slice): 249 calories, 12g fat, 2.6g saturated fat, 187mg cholesterol, 5g fiber, 1.5g added sugar, 12g protein, 313mg sodium, 104mg calcium, 470mg potassium, 197mg phosphorus, 13mg oxalate