Crustless Zucchini Quiche
You'll fall in love with this easy, flavorful quiche. Zucchini, onions and green chiles fill this quiche with flavor. Cottage cheese and mozzarella cheese add a delicious creaminess and great way to get in dairy!
Servings: 8 1/8 pie
- 1 zucchini grated
- 1 small onion chopped
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups part-skim mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 cup low-fat, reduced sodium cottage cheese
- 1 4.5oz can green chiles
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup green onion chopped
- Preheat oven to 375'F. Spray a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- Press grated zucchini into paper towels to absorb as much liquid as possible.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray. Add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add zucchini and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs until thick and fluffy. Add mozzarella, cottage cheese, chiles, pepper and cooked zucchini mixture. Stir to combine.
- Pour into prepared pie plate. Bake 35-40 minutes until top is puffed and golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the quiche comes out clean.
- Garnish with green onion.
NUTRITION FACTS (per 1/8 pie): 169 calories, 9g fat, 4g saturated fat, 115mg cholesterol, 303mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate, 0.6g fiber, 0g added sugar, 13.6g protein, 252mg calcium, 208mg potassium, 257mg phosphorus, 3mg oxalate